When disaster strikes, your church or family can help communities that have endured the unimaginable. No matter how distant a disaster may seem, Send Relief has partners around the world ready to jump into action and give food, water, shelter and health care to families recovering from devastation. From major disasters like Hurricane Harvey to smaller disasters like flooding in South Asia, our ministry projects provide relief for months and even years after the disaster.
- Mississippi Tornado – A deadly tornado ripped through Mississippi on Friday night, flattening entire towns within minutes. Send Relief is working with Southern Baptist Disaster Relief as volunteers assess and respond to immediate needs. Join us in praying for families impacted by this disaster. To support our crisis response efforts in North America, give using the give box above.
- Tropical Cyclone Freddy – This powerful storm has killed more than 400 people in Malawi, Mozambique and Madagascar since it first made landfall in late February and circled back to hit the region for a second time in mid-March. Tens of thousands have been displaced. Pray for Send Relief partners as they respond to immediate needs.
- Turkey-Syria Earthquake – A deadly magnitude 7.8 earthquake struck Turkey and Syria, causing widespread and catastrophic damage throughout the region. More than 50,000 people have been killed and tens of thousands more injured by the tragedy. Send Relief is working with local partners and churches in Syria and Turkey to respond to critical needs. Join Send Relief in praying for those impacted by the initial disaster and subsequent severe aftershocks. You can learn more and give to support our response here.
- Ohio Train Derailment – Our ministry partners with Ohio Baptist Disaster Relief are mobilizing teams to respond to the tragic train derailment in Ohio. Volunteers mobilized on Monday, February 20 to provide clean-up efforts in affected neighborhoods. To support the response, you can give here.
- Ukraine Crisis – As the war in Ukraine intensifies, Ukrainians are experiencing a catastrophic humanitarian crisis after being displaced from their homes. Send Relief is working with local Baptist partners in Ukraine and across Eastern Europe to meet hunger, shelter, medical and other needs for more than 1 million refugees. Your gifts to the Ukraine Crisis Fund are vital to these efforts. Click here to learn more.
Last year, you provided emergency food rations, temporary shelter and more to over 852,000 individuals recovering from a disaster.
From The Field
After storms, Baptists serve those who serve othersBy Laura Sikes Linda Mills, 70, has served others in her community for 42 years by...
Completed jobs, salvations increase as Carolina relief continuesBy Laura Sikes NEW BERN, N.C. — When 89-year-old William Cunniff returned to his flood-damaged home...
In midst of Florence desperation, Southern Baptists bringing hopeBy Brandon Elrod Lumberton, N.C.—Cars stretched out of the parking lot of Hyde Park Baptist Church...
SBDR preparing major Puerto Rico responseEditor’s note: Over the weekend (Sept. 23-24), the Southern Baptist Disaster Relief (SBDR) situation changed in...