MARRAKESH, Morocco — As early death toll counts have surpassed 2,400, Send Relief partners in Morocco are already meeting needs in the aftermath of the 6.8-magnitude earthquake that struck the African nation shortly after 11:00 pm local time Friday night.
“Send Relief’s partners in Morocco immediately began providing urgently needed help and supplies within hours of the earthquake hitting this area,” said Bryant Wright, president of Send Relief. “As you can imagine, the focus right now for first responders is on saving lives and rescuing as many people as possible.”
Wright encouraged Christians to lift up the people of Morocco in prayer as first responders work alongside residents to dig through rubble and rescue those buried in debris.
“Please pray that lives will be spared,” Wright said. “And pray for the people of Morocco as they process the physical and emotional devastation that comes with a disaster like this.”
Other specific prayer requests include:
- Pray for survivors as they are fearful and many are without shelter.
- Pray for families that have lost loved ones in the deadly earthquake.
- Pray for healing care for the hundreds injured and in need of medical care.
- Pray for Send Relief leaders and partners as they continue to ramp up response efforts.
- Pray for believers in the region as they help their neighbors, so that they can point them to Christ for their ultimate hope amid this deadly crisis.
Updates about the quickly evolving response and opportunities to give are on Send Relief’s website.
Published September 11, 2023