Hurricane Laura was a deadly Cat-4 Atlantic Hurricane that made landfall in Cameron, Louisiana. Due to sustained maximum winds, Hurricane Laura tied the record as the strongest hurricane to make landfall in Louisiana and the 10th strongest in the USA.
The response needed in the surrounding Southwest portion of Louisiana and along the border with Texas is great. The immediate needs are assistance with providing meals to the public and with debris removal from homes. Additional assistance with recovery efforts related to Mud out and sanitization spraying will be needed in the coming weeks.
*Please note that this opportuntity is for collegiate teams only. You may sign up for the dates that work best with your winter break.
Housing will be at The Mission Center of FBC Vidor located at 545 South Denver Street, Vidor, TX.
- The facility is fully functional with running water and electricity.
- Bunkbeds in “dorm rooms” are provided.
- Shower facilities with male / female designation are provided.
- Social distancing for COVID is considered and will allow for a capacity of 45 students.
- Some meals will be provided
The total cost is $20pp/night. This facility is approximately 45 minutes from the Lake Charles, LA work area.
0 of 22
males signed up
0 of 23
females signed up
Includes lodging and limited meals. Transportation is NOT included.