On April 15, 2023, clashes between rival military factions in Sudan erupted, causing more than 954,000 people to be displaced as a result of the escalation in violence.
The United Nations estimates that 5 million additional people will need humanitarian assistance inside Sudan, while 860,000 are expected to flee to neighboring countries.
The conflict has caused a scarcity of electricity, water, medical supplies and food. In some areas, the price of basic commodities—such as bottled water, food and fuel—has risen by 40 to 60 percent.
The result is a worsening humanitarian crisis among displaced families.
Send Relief is providing emergency food relief, transportation, trauma care and shelter to the most vulnerable. Your gifts to Send Relief are vital to these ongoing efforts.
- Pray for a ceasefire.
- Pray for peace in Sudan between warring factions.
- Pray for the nearly 1 million people who have been displaced due to the ongoing conflict.
- Pray for those grieving the loss of loved ones.
- Pray for needed resources such as food, water, and medicine to reach those impacted by the conflict.
- Pray for the safety of Send Relief partners as they meet critical needs.