In the early morning hours of October 7, 2023, militants with the terrorist group Hamas launched a surprise, multi-pronged assault on Israel. Hamas ambushed and brutally executed scores of Israelis, including women, children and babies, according to reports and footage from communities all along the Israel-Gaza border.
As Israel has responded and things have escalated into all-out war, thousands are dead and injured on both sides, and Hamas is holding dozens of hostages. An estimated 200,000 people in Israel and 1.4 million people in Gaza are also reportedly displaced by the war, while the movement of aid is difficult throughout the region.
With the conflict expected to rage for some time to come, Send Relief is working with partners in Israel and the region to quickly respond to needs of the hundreds of thousands of people reeling from the effects of war and displacement.
Through decades-long partnerships with local Christians, churches and ministries in Israel and the region, Send Relief is providing urgently needed help to more than 20,000 of the most vulnerable survivors of the war, with aid including:
- Temporary housing
- Bomb shelters
- Medical supplies
- Trauma counseling from licensed professionals
With the fast-evolving nature of this crisis, and the growing needs our partners are identifying daily among all peoples in the affected area, this response requires a high level of resources and investment.
Among its ministry partners, Send Relief is working with Baptist Village, a non-profit organization in operation near Tel Aviv since the 1940s, to provide 400 individuals with urgently needed refuge.
Through gifts and prayers, Christians are caring for the most vulnerable in partnership with local churches and believers.
- Pray for survivors and the thousands injured in the fighting, as well as hostages and prisoners of war.
- Pray for the families and individuals displaced due to the sudden conflict.
- Pray for thousands grieving the loss of loved ones.
- Pray for needed resources such as food, water, and medicine to reach those impacted by the conflict.
- Pray that the terrorists responsible for these attacks will be brought to justice.
Your gifts to Send Relief’s Respond to Crisis — International fund are crucial in this response.